Maliburacing gallery (Post your car)

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
I love to see one come back from the junkyard.Around here once a car ends up in the junkyard the yard will almost never sell you the whole car.Thats why you see some yards full of old cars that just sit there and rot til theres nothing left.If they would sell more old cars at descent prices we would have more classics on the road.If I had some extra parts I would give em to ya just for the satisfaction of seeing it on the road,good luck.

81malibu329

Amateur Racer
Aug 1, 2012
Raleigh, NC
jsiler said:
I love to see one come back from the junkyard.Around here once a car ends up in the junkyard the yard will almost never sell you the whole car.Thats why you see some yards full of old cars that just sit there and rot til theres nothing left.If they would sell more old cars at descent prices we would have more classics on the road.If I had some extra parts I would give em to ya just for the satisfaction of seeing it on the road,good luck.

It was such a fiasco to try to get them to sell me the whole car. It was ridiculous. I explained to them what my situation was and I thought we had an understanding. As soon as I got there, the price went up $150. There are only a few spots that have any rust at all, so I couldn't say no. I had no choice but to give them what they wanted. Between what was left on this car and what was salvageable on my other car, I have all the body panels I need. I just found the quarter windows, so all I need now are a few interior pieces... and an LS1.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
Grcrygtr44 said:
First pass on new flat top 383 on alky, 4.56s on M/T drag radials. white knuckled and didn't breathe but i stayed in it till she set down about 100 ft out! Got home and called jegs to order the 4.10s to tone er down a lil!

Yeah,looks like you need a port-a-potty in the back seat.LOL That was a great picture.

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
My buddy paul from Lapointephotograghy.net was the guy who got the shot for me. he took 8 consecutive shots in a row and the last one he got was as i was goin by him at the 60' still 4 foot in the air!(pic actually has the 60' marker box in the background) u guys arent kidding! i thought i messed myself too! lol! i didnt even breath till i crossed the 1/8 mile stripe. i had so many ppl come up to me and tell that was the best s&$t they saw in a long time so of course i had to try it again!. 2nd time I spun a lil so it barely came up but the third pass was the doozy! Came back from the pass and took a look at the back of my car cuz somethin felt a lil funny when she was at her peak. Sure enough, there was scrape marks on my fuel cell and filter along with a chunk of blacktop on my kill switch that is mounted on the bottom side of my spare tire tub! And with that, I loaded it, got home and called jegs to order the 4.10s. I figured I'd end up hurtin the car,myself or both if I didn't tone er down. Not to mention be more competitive. Pic below is how's she's leavn now with 4:10s and a 30" tall Mickey et street radial. Much more manageable still pullin mid 1.40 60's and still fun but at least now I can see where I'm goin! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,323

mybu78

Dragway Regular
Nov 26, 2011
westminster,md 21157
really nice longroof,love the color,looks cool with the wheels up.Probably felt like the guy on Pink's with the white wagon that road the wheelie to the 1/8 mark.Man I miss my wagon,I've had 2,but not anywhere near as nice as your's!!!

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Thanks for the compliment! But she's starting to show her age. Pics make er look nice. She's suppose to be heading for the paint shop in a cpl weeks for some tlc. Racin starts up here middle of April so I gotta have it in the shop soon or it's not gonna happen this yr. I'm just waitin for the call when I can take er there!

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Here's a pic of my dash. I'm really proud of this. It's an aluminum panel dash but its wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl and laid out with all autometer gauges-fuel level,fuel pressure,oil,water temp,volts,vacuum gauge,& trans temp. 5" tach with built in shift light. Note the two red buttons- 1 for the buloooga horn and the other for the Dixie horn! Lol! Kids love it at the track when I let er rip! Removable aluminum wheel from speedway motors and my lucky turtle keychain my daughter made for me(won the race the day she gave it to me) is hanging on the aftermarket turn signal switch(speedway motors) had to keep er street legal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,432

Iowabbcbu

Amateur Racer
Feb 28, 2008
Ogden IA
4.06te="amng04"]
015-3.jpg

017.jpg

016-1.jpg
[/quote]

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
Hey Iowa bbcbu, how come you call yourself that put you run a small block? Car looks awesome. How fast is it?
brian

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts