mixing poly and OEM bushings

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I put in a Hotchkis setup in the rear of my 81. Now Im thinking about doing the front end over before I put the motor back in. My question is should I bother putting in poly bushings when I do the front or just replace them with OEM rubber ? When I did the subframe over in my 72 Nova the guys at PST told me the OEM bushings would give the car a smoother ride. Will it cause any problems mixing front and rear ? Also I put in poly motor mounts. Do I use a matching transmission mount ??

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
Mike said:
I put in a Hotchkis setup in the rear of my 81. Now Im thinking about doing the front end over before I put the motor back in. My question is should I bother putting in poly bushings when I do the front or just replace them with OEM rubber ? When I did the subframe over in my 72 Nova the guys at PST told me the OEM bushings would give the car a smoother ride. Will it cause any problems mixing front and rear ? Also I put in poly motor mounts. Do I use a matching transmission mount ??

Alot is going to depend on what you have planned for your car. The poly bushings will give your suspension a firmer more stable ride but the rubber will be a smoother ride. Performance wise the poly is the better choice. I would also use a poly transmission mount as well. If your just doing tjhe daily driver thing and comfort is your main goal then go back with a quality rubber replacement. If you have any questions please give me a call here at the office.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!