need 4 speed set up help

blown 78

Dragway Regular
Dec 10, 2007
South Portland, Maine
im looking to put a muncie 4 speed from a 69 camaro ss into my 83 olds cutlass wagon. I want to have a hydraulic set up rather than a mechanical. I have a set of stock g body 4 speed pedals as well as a stock g body 4 speed bellhousing. What my question is, can somebody write down some part numbers and websites or links to all the parts i will need for this conversion? I have done the search and i understand what people are saying but there are no part numbers or links to the parts. Im looking for everything that i will need. Thanks guys

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Are you going to keep the stock bell? If so, I imagine you might need a hyd throwout bearing. Or you could go with a modified Qiucktime bell from Fortes parts connection. They weld a bracket on and then you put a hyd slave and billet fork. The master for the clutch will be a stock f--body unit in the 2000-2002 years. Something like that. If you went the f-body route then you need a new clutch pedal to deal with the correct angle to engage the master.
If you decide to pull the trigger on this and begin buying parts let me know. I have a slave and fork that I want to sell and will save you money if you need it. My TKO 600 thread has a bunch of info. Might help.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I'm using a McLeod F-body master #139001 & bolt-on release bearing #1300 for my Muncie. I used the stock pedal basket & installed John Bzdel's clutch pedal. You can contact him @ [email protected]

Tommy

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
Not to highjack, but anyone ever thought of trying the clutch master cylinder from like a 1989 S-10, the mounting angle looks to be less extreme than an F-body M/S, might fix the pedal mount location... This may help if it works...
Check on some hydraulic throwout bearings from some circle track companies like Speeday Motors and Smiley's circle track guys can come up with some pretty handy setups... just a thought... although it may take a little bit of shortening and retapping of the pushrod shaft to fit the length...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts