Need a STOCK suspension rebuild kit F&R

CRCRFT78

Weekend Racer
Nov 28, 2005
San Francisco, CA.
Looking to rebuild my front & rear suspension on my 83 wagon. Nothing fancy, just all back to stock for now to drive daily and load the kids in. Possibly lowering it an inch or two. Can anyone recommend a decent front/rear suspension rebuild kit other than PST. I don't need anything special for now such as Hotchkis or SC&C just a nice firm stock rebuild. Any suggestions? Thanks!

CRCRFT78

Weekend Racer
Nov 28, 2005
San Francisco, CA.
Wow of all the boards I'm on I thought this one would be able to help me the most. Ok then, does anyone have any opinions on using an Energy Suspension master kit and Moog parts?

[email protected]

Daily Driver
Feb 11, 2009
Well, I can tell you that I went through my '79 wagon with stock stuff but installed 2" drop spindles-front and 1 1/2 lowing springs-rear . Handles-ok but hoping to get our air ride on it this summer with a rear sway bar. That will really bring it around.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If you can find out the spring rate of aftermarket drop springs, you can probably find a Moog part that matches it fairly closely, then get a good pair of sway bars. I didn't rebuild the entire suspension, got the few parts I needed from Autozone :roll: If a full kit (bushings, etc.) are what you want, you'll probably be better off going with a kit like you mentioned.

Just my opinion :D

[email protected]

Daily Driver
Feb 11, 2009
I just got belltech 2" drop spindles (same as a s-10) and belltech #5100 springs-nothing fancy it was a little more than $200 for all. Also I found that chevy luv rear shocks will work for the rear because of the shorter springs but you have to make a trunion for the top mount -no big whoop!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts