Need slip yoke information

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
I'm looking at 2 different driveshafts. I need to know the how much of the slip yoke goes inside the tail shaft on a TH400. I don't have a slip yoke or know anyone close with one to measure that

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
I always figured slide the yoke in all the way till it bottoms out either on the shaft or the rear seal and pull it back out a half inch or so,as long as the rear seal has a nice smooth area to ride on,all you have to do is make shure the yoke doesn't bottom out on the trans shaft or seal when the rear suspension bottoms out,generally with these cars anyway the yoke moves very little,If you're having a driveshaft made they'll generally want you to measure from the tip of the trans output shaft to the flage of the rearend yoke which is bassically center of the U-joint,from my experience using that method ususlly puts the yoke the same place,about a half inch from bottom,Hope that helps!KillerDave

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
slip yokes vary in length. general idea is to have 3/4" to 1" of the slip yoke out of the trans

do you need to know the measurement from the seal to the shoulder on the shaft? not understanding your question exactly.

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
bustedknuckle said:
slip yokes vary in length. general idea is to have 3/4" to 1" of the slip yoke out of the trans

do you need to know the measurement from the seal to the shoulder on the shaft? not understanding your question exactly.

Basically, that's it. I did not have a slip yoke to knowhow long of a shaft I need. I was trying to figure out the slip yoke length nce it was pulled out about 3/4".

I forgot the about the TH400 I pulled out of my Vette. I used the yoke out of it to get my measurement.

Thanks all

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts