Neutral Safety switch

Chief11885

Amateur Racer
Jun 17, 2006
Kansas
I have a hurst quarter stick and i am wanting to hook up the NSS. But i am told that you need to use the purple wire and i look under the dash and so does anyone have a picture of the one the i need thanks.

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
I don't have a pic but you will need to set under the dash and on top of the column towards the firewall there will be a switch with two heaver purple wires coming out of it. disconnect them and run jumpers to your quarter stick BTW the smaller wires (green and white IIRC) are for your reverse lights.

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
On my 1980 Malibu, the purple wire on the middle white plug in this pic. It's located on the top of the stering column.

Malibumotor041-1.jpg

BAD78BU

Weekend Racer
Feb 13, 2007
Texas
So is this the point at which the NSS goes. That is the picture from the Malibu, do we take this off the column and where does the 12VDC come from for the REV lights?

Building a 78, I am installing a B&M Quarter Stick

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
Cut the purple wire in two splice a wire to each end. Take the two wires to the switch on the shifter that's it. Or you can use a relay if you knon how to wire it. I'll go try to find a pic of the reverse light wires on my 80 wagon it was on the top bottom of the stering coloum by the fire wall had a blue 12volt feed and a green wire from the lights cut the two wires off the plug, splice longer wires to them run one to each side of the second switch on the new shifter. Well I can't find the pic I want so this will have to do. When looking at the first pic the plug on the left side is the plinkers and headlight dimer, just below it on the top of the coloum you just barely see another white switch there should be a two wire plug on it, this is the reverse wires (blue, green). Also look at the bare coloum at the top of the pic you see the switch that the reverse wires go to. Rod

Malibumotor046.jpg

Malibumotor043.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts