New Kit for the 200 4r

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
SSedan64 said:
Firetruck1 said:
What controls the shifting? Does this transmission require a computer or just a kick down cable from the motor?

The TH200-4R doesn't require a Computer.
It will require a 12V+ source if you use a Lockup TC/TorqueConverter to activate the TCC/TorqueConverterClutch Solenoid.

It uses a TV/ThrottleValve cable which controls line pressure, shift points, shift feel, part throttle downshifts and the detent downshifts. The function of the TV cable is similar to the combined functions of a vacuum modulator and a detent cable. The TV cable used with the 2004R trans should not be thought of as an Detent/Kickdown/Downshift cable. Adjustment & correct Bracketry is critical, too loose = Burnt clutches & Rebuild time.

How would I go about running and where to for the 12v for the torque converter? I plan to swap the 4.3 for a 350 with a 4150 Holley carb, what bracket would take care of this task correctly?

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
The 12V+ can be as simple as a Toggle switch to Pin-A on the side of the Trans or you can buy a Lockup Kit for $20-$200, simple to fancy which include Vac, Brake etc.. switches.
Cheap/Bare Bones >> http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338652022&icep_item=250782490188
Basically it's a TH400 Passing Gear Plug w/Spade connector & a Pr. Switch. LOL!

For correct TV cable Bracket & geometry corrector Bracket:

Last edited by a moderator:

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
So I see the parts for the TV cable and the lock up switch are common between the 700 and 200. I prefer the idea of the converter automatically locking up when the time comes. Also, I now have the idea of going with a q-jet on a Performer RPM Q jet manifold I found for 40 bucks. Do they sell parts to do the same for this carb as well?

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
The TV cable Bracket Kits for a Q-Jet used with a TH250/TH350 Trans which used a "Detent Cable" are more expensive.

Some Q-Jets have the correct Linkage for a TV cable, if they were used with a TH200/200C, TH2004R or TH700R4 Trans. Some 80's Trucks used Non-Electronic Carbs with the correct Linkage. The Base from an E Carb wont work on a Non-E Carb. The Shaft can be changed tho'.
Info >>

Last edited by a moderator:

zz4mcss

Amateur Racer
Jul 24, 2009
Attleboro ma.
Firetruck1 said:
What controls the shifting? Does this transmission require a computer or just a kick down cable from the motor? How much did the transmission build and the converter cost you? How is it holding up?
No computer at all.Just a TV cable and a non locker converter..The Tv cable is only for shift points tci constant pressure valve body,It shifts real good,I love it,

Sorry for taking so long to get on here,

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts