Pain in the......

MyBU

Frequent Racer
Jun 30, 2007
597
0
0
Atlanta, GA
Im getting annoyed with the blower motor in my car. When I bought the car, The red, green, and dark green wire hookup on the A/C box wasnt connected. So I fix the plug and connected them together. I go underneath the dash, and there was no fuse for the blower motor. I put one in.
It turned on, but it only worked for about 30 min. WTF! The 25amp fuse blew! I put a 30amp fuse in. It worked for another 30 min and the fuse blows again.

Could someone please help????
Im desperate!!!!!
 

TURNA

Moderator
Jul 6, 2003
6,031
0
36
Socialist NY
put a penny in the fuse pannel

if it blows that you in big troble!! :p
 

WEBBER

Pro Stocker
Apr 25, 2004
1,828
0
0
80 miles west of Joliet IL.
On that harness you talked about, there's another connector up by the carburetor, on the pass side. Pull it apart and look in there, you'll probably see it is corroded.
 

MyBU

Frequent Racer
Jun 30, 2007
597
0
0
Atlanta, GA
WEBBER said:
On that harness you talked about, there's another connector up by the carburetor, on the pass side. Pull it apart and look in there, you'll probably see it is corroded.

What colors are the wires and how many of them are there in the connector your talking about?

Thanks
 

WEBBER

Pro Stocker
Apr 25, 2004
1,828
0
0
80 miles west of Joliet IL.
Three wires light green, dark green, and red. Also your blower fan switch might be going bad, check it out.
 

MyBU

Frequent Racer
Jun 30, 2007
597
0
0
Atlanta, GA
WEBBER said:
Three wires light green, dark green, and red. Also your blower fan switch might be going bad, check it out.

Alright, im going to try that out. Thanks
 

MyBU

Frequent Racer
Jun 30, 2007
597
0
0
Atlanta, GA
Well, I tried everything. I cleaned the contact points in the plug, replaced the relay looking thing on the box, replaced the other little switch that mounts inside the box with the coiled springs on the bottom of it.
ITS STILL BLOWING FUSES!!!!!
None of the wiring looks damaged to me!!
 

TURNA

Moderator
Jul 6, 2003
6,031
0
36
Socialist NY
just do what i said and shove a penny in where the fuze goes!!!! :x :p
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
MyBU said:
Well, I tried everything. I cleaned the contact points in the plug, replaced the relay looking thing on the box, replaced the other little switch that mounts inside the box with the coiled springs on the bottom of it.
ITS STILL BLOWING FUSES!!!!!
None of the wiring looks damaged to me!!


Just remember...if you are blowing fuses...you are drawing too much current (you have a short somewhere). Be looking for burnt wiring, a nick in the wiring jackets. It's there somewhere, and it does not take much to short out. Better to be blowing fuses than going up in flames.
 

slimbo

Moderator
May 21, 2007
4,223
0
0
www.yellowbullet.com
or a shorted blower motor itself.
 

MyBU

Frequent Racer
Jun 30, 2007
597
0
0
Atlanta, GA
HA! I finally got my blower motor to work!!
It turns out that my old blower was bad, and I went to the boneyard, and pull another blower motor off a Camino.
Thanks for all the help guys and I apologize for the really, really late response.

Thanks again.