Pontiac motor in a G body???

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Pontiac guys I need your help. I need a set of motor mounts (the ones that go on the engine block) to put a Pontiac 326-455 engine into a Gbody car. I have a project that is being held up because of the motor mounts. Evidentley the ones I have were off of a Full size older car or something because they just dont fit with the mounts bolted in the car.They are too tall. A buddy of mine is actually putting the engine in for me and has done it a bunch of times but we cannot find any mounts to work. If anybody has a set or knows where I can get some please let me know. Thanks!

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
find mounts from a 1979 buick regal with a pontiac 301, they came from the factory with a pontiac motor. if you need the frame pads, same deal, they sell them at AutoZone

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Yes, we thought about that but the problem is we can't find any of them down here. Looked through all the u-pull-it yards and auto salvages around here.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Don't mind ordering them new just can't find them. I found the passenger side mount a few places but knowbody seems to sell the driver's side. ](*,)

A

Anonymous

You need 1978-81 G-Body Pontiac 301 Tabs . They where on GP's Grand AM's and Le-Man's Car's and yes Regal's with 301's . If you can not find them . I think the 1970-74 Firebird Tabs can be made to work . But I am sure you will have to drill some new Holes to mount them . Also some of the Pontiac Blocks are not Drilled and do not have Thread Bosses for all the Mounts . If you have a 1969 and newer Block you should be Ok ;)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts