Power window motor question

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
I have a 1980 Malibu with power windows and I am trying to install the door glass and need to operate the window motor in a car that has no motor or transmission.I took the window out several years ago to do some work on the car and took the glass out with the window in the down position but now need the window up.There will not me a motor in the car for a while so I just need to know if I can operate the motor with just a battery.My plan is to go to the junk yard and get a plug and plug it in the motor and then attach the other end of the wires to a battery,is this possible.The rest of the electric system will be completely seperate if I do it this way and I can just send power only to the window motor.There is a brown and blue wire going to the plug.Is one positive and one negative or is one up and one down.There is a wire up by where the switch would be that needs to be grounded.So is it possible that i just attach that ground to the door and then power to either the brown or the blue to work the moter.Sorry for the long explanation.

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Not clear what you mean by that,are you saying take the positive and negative from the battery to the switch and then try to operate it with the switch.If thats the case then what wires on the switch.And wouldnt that send power back through the rest of the system.Im trying to avoid that.Oh yeah,I dont have a switch either.

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Just get the power wire connector that clips into the window motor. Lengthen the wires to contact with the negative and positive posts on the battery. Hold on wire with the bare end on the negative and briefly contact the other bare wire on the positive side. This will cause the window motor to move up or down. If it is going the direction you want hold the wire to the positive side until its in the position you need. IE blue (-) brown (+) will be up or down so to get the other direction go blue (+) brown (-)

Hope this clears it up for you.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts