qa1 coil springs in stock location

FLAV-A

Daily Driver
May 5, 2008
Southaven, Ms
Ok guys I hate to keep beating a dead horse about these springs. I bought the 12" 130lb springs. I put them in, the car sits good but only has about a 1.5" of travel before suspension seems to bind or bottom out (coils are not stacking). Springs support the weight of the car. The car sits a little low, it could stand to be about 1/2-3/4" higher. . What would be the best way to fix this problem: Should I go to stiffer 12" 140 spring or go to a 14" 130 spring? Does anybody make 1/2" or 3/4" spring spacer? I need a quick fix, trying to test this weekend. Our local speed shop has a pretty big selection of springs. Please advise

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
FLAV-A said:
Does anybody make 1/2" or 3/4" spring spacer?
They make spring spacers but dont know how easy it would be to find them locally. Summit has a bunch http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=spring%20spacer&dds=1 but you also said you need them this weekend.

FLAV-A

Daily Driver
May 5, 2008
Southaven, Ms
Yeah I would really like them for the weekend. I have trick springs on the car with anti roll bar but I've been reading that this is not a good idea. Since everyone was getting away with using the 12" 130 springs i just picked up a set. I saw the adjustable spring jackers but there is no way I can get those locally either. Do you think the 14" 130 springs will sit too high?

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
maybe you need to jack it up loosen all the control arm bolts then lower the car and retighten bolts... it might be trying to twist the bushings....

Chris K.

FLAV-A

Daily Driver
May 5, 2008
Southaven, Ms
Thanks guys, I think the antiroll bar is hitting the upper control arm perches. I'm going to replace the antiroll bar with a new one and place it behind the rearend. I did have one behind rearend but it was hitting my shocks and my chassis guy decided to put it in the front. I think it was a bad idea, now my antiroll links do not attach to the rearend at a 90* angle. I had another guy to tell me it was in wrong. Mitch if you are out there Marvin Bridge put the antiroll on. I know he did some work on your car, what did you think of his work?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts