Raising Upper Control arms on my G Body

colin

Weekend Racer
Aug 23, 2008
Hi I was wondering by raising my upper control arms on the rearend would it improve my 60 ft. ...Art Morrision sells a kit that allows the upper control arms to be raised .Im positive it will change the instant center but will the factory location do the job along with a good set of double adjustable arms ....

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
It will hit the tire harder. Depends on your setup. If you're running 11's or 12's, hitting the tire harder sometimes helps get a better 60. Once you have some more HP and run mid 10's or quicker, you don't want to hit the tire too hard and if you do, it leads to inconsistent 60 ft's and violent launches.

colin

Weekend Racer
Aug 23, 2008
TRZ So if a car will run into the low 10 sec range It would be best to go with a set of your double adjustable upper arms and leave the location stock ?this will allow for more controlable launches and consistant 60 ft times?

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
That pretty much sums that up!

C LOWERY

Frequent Racer
Nov 2, 2004
Bates City, MO
colin said:
Hi I was wondering by raising my upper control arms on the rearend would it improve my 60 ft. ...Art Morrision sells a kit that allows the upper control arms to be raised .Im positive it will change the instant center but will the factory location do the job along with a good set of double adjustable arms ....

I am running that AM setup on my car. If you go with it; I don't recommend using any but the lowest hole on the relocator bracket. The upper two holes hit the tire VERY hard. I run in the lowest hole and the car leaves well.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
CutlassRacer said:
* depends a little on ride height ;)

Really its depends alot on ride height. Lowering these cars 1/2" can shorten the IC location by 6-10 inches, depending on where the ride height is at. But most people cant get their car low enough to have to worry about that much.

Except yours Kev! 8)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts