relay panel questions

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
i am in the process of building a relay panel for the 408 LS1 MonteSS in the sig,car has electric fuel(A2000),water pump(Mezeire).and fan,i think i need 2 for fuel,1 for water and 1 for the fan,and another that comes with my MSD 7AL-3 box correct?and where is the best place to get these?I am being told that car stereo shops have the best 30 amp relays that i need.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
any good auto parts store will have the Bosch 30 amp relays. I'd try Napa first

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
I went with some relays made by Hella they have an integral fuse block, it makes mounting a fuse and relay really easy. I mounted some for my fuel pump and headlights right in the front on one of the inner fenders. I only used one for my fuel pump, not two, but its just a holley red.

-Josh

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Another thing that may help would be to get an actual relay socket, if you had to change a bad relay you just unplug the old one & plug the new one in :)

relayharn.JPG

Actual shape may vary from that, but it conveys the idea I have. You can probably pick up one that could be mounted to a panel as well. You could also use the stock fuel pump relay from an '88-'94 Chevy/GMC pickup. They use weahterpak connectors and will hold up much better compared to a standard relay (you may need to get the plug from a truck at the junkyard though).
getimage.php

getimage.php

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts