reverse light micro switch issue

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
could use some help with this my shifter has the neutral and reverse switches and i didnt know which is which so i ran wires connected them to each switch and shifted in reverse one switch did nothing so i assume thats the neutral ,,,,, the other switch turned the reverse lighs on the problem is i hooked the power source to a constant even with ignition off it had power and lights stay on so i am thinking of hooking up a relay if possible ,,,,what are you thinking thanks

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'm not sure what shifter your running but in my experience with my pro stick,the two switches stack on top of each other=when the two are bolted in,you can see/hear them "switch on"at the correct time,on neutral the other in reverse.that';s how i figured out which one went where then looked to see when each one was depressed at the proper time for the positon the stick was with the corrosponding? location.you may have to switch them around top-bottom.sorry if i confused ya,did a bit myself :shock:

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'm sorry if i miss understood the question. ithought you were looking for help with the placement of the switches etc.my pro stick's switches are stacked also.my reverse light switch is on the op if that helps.can you try running the lights from a keyed power source so it doesn't run all the time?

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i looked at the schematic in the tech section theres the light green to lights and also a dark blue that is in the circuit i am going to hook up a wire to that and see what happens ,,,, i could run wire to keyed source ,,,maybe the switch is bad ,,,thinking in terms of having either a keyed source power or a constant power its up to the switch to send the power to the lights ,,,i will try the top switch again ,,,thanks for your help

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!