S10 front brakes

A

Anonymous

I'm trying to find some information on these, I've read that the 2000+ s10 brakes are 11" and fit on a gbody with little modification, but can't find what needs to be modified. Does anyone have experience with this setup? Does the master cyl need to be changed? Also if I decide to goto manual brakes later on (steel concepts) would that setup work with the s10 fronts.

Sorry for all the questions, I tried searching but the search here doesn't work to well.

-Jim

shadychevyowner

Dragway Regular
Jun 28, 2005
Numidia Pa
im pretty sure you go with 2wd blazer spindles that have a bolt in wheel bearing
They are duel piston calipers with 11" brakes

dont quote me on it

Search around s10forum.com thats where i read something like that to a first gen s-10.

A

Anonymous

I took a look on that site, lots of questions about it but not many answers. I was looking at a brake setup on ebay, looks pretty nice. Wish I could find out what it takes to swap it in.

-Jim

A

Anonymous

I found a better article on another s10 forum, seems pretty straight foraward, if I can get a setup cheap enough I'll do it and let everyone know.

-Jim

derrick

Amateur Racer
Aug 20, 2004
beaver dam,wi
all you really need to do is to swap the whole s10 spindle and brake to g-bodys cars. you can use the stock g-body brake line or get a s10 brake line and get a adapter for the s10 brake line to the g-body hard brake line. you can also search for s10 brake on http://www.turbobuick.com

shvrolay

Dragway Regular

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts