signal switch replace

bustedknuckles

Frequent Racer
Jan 11, 2004
johnson city, tennessee
got a problem. my signal arm broke. not just the arm but the whole thing. maybe call it a cam? anyway any replacements, online photos, advice? is a tilt column nice and tight. really hate to change it out. thanks in advance

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
well depending on how it broke you can get the parts, if all else fails go to the yard and strip one there and bring all the parts home to see what will help it work again.
-Josh

chevycopcar

Pro Stocker
Jul 19, 2004
S. Holland, IL
I just did this last winter. You'd think I'd remember it a bit more clearly, but I don't remember many specifics. It's pretty straight forward, though. I got the whole switch assembly from Autozone for pretty cheap. You need to pull the wheel off and the lock plate. As I recall, two screws holding the horn button cover on, then one bolt holding the wheel on. At that point, I used a cheap steering wheel puller to get the wheel off, and a cheap lock plate removal tool to get that out of the way. You'll need snap ring pliars to get the lock plate off. Then I'm pretty sure it's just two screws or something like that holding the switch in. I think you also need to drop the column a bit to get the wires out, but that's no problem... a couple bolts and a piece of trim? Anyway, it's a pretty simple job.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts