small base circle cam ??

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
I have a custom grind small base circle solid roller cam.Just found out some roller lifter does not fit that aplication. Do i need special lifter or certain brand will fit ?? And what about offset ??

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
we need to know what type of heads you have, if they require an offset lifter, some specs of the cam. then we could help you out.

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
If i remeber right my cam is a .950 base. For the heads ,regular iron eagles 215.I know i need strait up lifter but was wondering if you can run offset ??

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
what camshaft brand is it? you only need to run an offset lifter if the heads require offset lifters. run straight up if thats what it calls for, otherwise you may run into problems where push rods rub against guide plates and you would have to get offset rockers. which ever brand of cam you have go with there lifters and you shouldn't have a problem.

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
My cam is from Predator cams. They say regular sollid lifter would work fine !

Hippi

Amateur Racer
May 21, 2009
ILL
no offset is required on the lifters for the iron eagles, I have the same setup 71 010 block,solid roller cam,horizontal bar solid roller lifters(pop-up style),and yes some style roller lifters will require modification to the block depending on what year the block is ie lt1,o.e. roller cam etc.....don't forget the bronze or polly dizzy gear also

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
My block is a 69 010 block . As for bronze gear i was all set !

Hippi

Amateur Racer
May 21, 2009
ILL
yeah you could go either vertical bar or horizontal your choice,I will recommend some heavy wall pushrods and a stud girdle if your not running shaft rockers don't ask how I found that one out #-o

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
I have all of that already. Did my homework there.What hapen to you ??

Hippi

Amateur Racer
May 21, 2009
ILL
I lost the trans and hit the rev limiter hard(7500) and bent two pushrods and five rocker studs with a stud girdle :shock: after that I went to a set of jessel's no probs now

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts