spark plug heat range help

wreckrunner

Daily Driver
Mar 26, 2011
upper marlboro md
trying to figure out wich plug to use. engine specs 355ci,scat crank.rods.forged domes .125 dart pro 1 heads 215 64cc hyd roller 560 lift 230/230 @50 1/78 super comps 735 super street quick fuel cab vac sec.about 11.5 to 1 comp i was going to start with ngk # 7 timing 34degs. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated was trying to stay pump gas with booster thanks alot

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
I would start with a 7 or 8 and get a plug reading on it. Then you'll know which way to go. A good read on the plugs will tell you everything. Reading a spark plug properly is almost an art in itself. Many people claim to know how to read plugs, most don't really know how to read one correctly. There is tons of information online or from the plug manufacturers as how to do it. I run only NGK plugs in my stuff also, that's what my engine builder recommends and I've always had good luck with them. Not saying others brands won't work either. Lee

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
i'm in the same boat, i have a patriot 383 and they wont come right out and recomend a plug..soo i'm kinda clueless..i have heard a few guys say ngk's..but no ones suggesting a plug yet....any ideas??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts