those running speedway uppers HELP please

wmskateteam

Amateur Racer
May 17, 2006
cent fl
i've done a search and didn't find what I was looking for
I have a set of rt side speedway arms on a monte and with the steering wheel at full lock the wheels look like they are almost going to fall over. The angle they fall to is scary. I am running a stock spindle, ride height is probably 2-3" lower than stock, anyone else having this problem? I am really afraid of over stressing other components, as the car already has a hard enough time running a spool on the street. Any solutions as the car may be going back to stock arms for this reason, thanks!

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I haven't looked at mine at full lock but I will check tonight and let you know

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Sure you don't have them flipped over the wrong way? Either they're the wrong ones or they're backwards, since they should be the same dimensions as stock.

wmskateteam

Amateur Racer
May 17, 2006
cent fl
the shorter part of the arm is to the rear, also the car has some serious negative camber and it is shimmed as positive as possible

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
wmskateteam said:
the shorter part of the arm is to the rear, also the car has some serious negative camber and it is shimmed as positive as possible

They're on the wrong side or upside down. The short side goes to the front.

Tommy

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
LS6 Tommy said:
wmskateteam said:

They're on the wrong side or upside down the short side goes to the front.

Tommy

x2. Shouldn't need more than 1/2" or so of shims once they're on right.

wmskateteam

Amateur Racer
May 17, 2006
cent fl
swapped them left to right and it still leans, but def not so extreme, the front wheels were literally 45 degrees at full lock
thanks guys
and a big DOH! for me #-o

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
WHo makes cheap lower now?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts