Total Frustration.....

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
Like me, I saved 5.00 on the cheap rubber frame pads (autozone), this summer I have to remove them anyway, they are too soft and settled. live and learn

deuce_454

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
is this the truck oilpan or the caddy CTS V one... ?? and why the facination of keeping the transmission in stock lovation.. id set the engine where it fits, bolt the cross member to the transmission and weld some mounting tabs to the frame to set yout CroMo trans x.member where ever it needs to be...

heck all youd need was to extend the existing "ears" on the frame where the x.member bolts up, sure that one could make somthing in an hour that was just fine... my first idea was to stick some square tubing into the frame, where the existing crossmember attaches.. affix with bolts, set the new CroMo unit on it and mark up where to drill for the new bolt... drill and install.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
Thats what I did...(to use a th400 gforce crossmember, nothing to do with the lsx swap) extended my frame area where the trans crossmember sits with 1 1/2" square stock, slides right in the frame, drill 2 holes and its good to go

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!