OK, I guess I'm a total idiot (you don't have to agree!)

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I purchased the TransDapt 4592 LS1 motor mount adapters with rubber mounts. My question is; How the heck do you use these?? Will the factory SBC clamshells bolt to the adapter plate, then just bolt to your existing frame mounts? Do I need to get different frame mounts to bolt the supplied rubber mounts? I'm confused and the instructions are really lacking.....

Picture:
ls1_adapter.jpg

540Malibu

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Shrews., MA
looks like you use a moroso solid mount on the frame side.

62630_part.jpg

boostinmalibu

Dragway Regular
Sep 13, 2005
joplin missouri
this picture Roller406Bu posted kinda shows how to mount em.....use the countersunk hole and the two on the very far end to bolt to motor and just use the factory clamshell on the factory mounts....

000_0031.jpg

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Cool, that's what I was thinking, but I didn't have the motor yet to try it. Supposed to go pick up the motor/transmission tomorrow (Friday). I decided to pick it up to make sure that I get everything I need.

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
boostinmalibu said:
this picture Roller406Bu posted kinda shows how to mount em.....use the countersunk hole and the two on the very far end to bolt to motor and just use the factory clamshell on the factory mounts....

000_0031.jpg

Something I ran into on my 6.0 swap, in this pic the front of the mount that bolts to the motor hits my A/C bracket, and the mount it self moves forward causing the A/C it self to not fit. I'm going to have to use the late model ones that come with the motor. It's going to be a lot more work just to have A/C . Rod

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts