everybody needs a paper weight i guess

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I haven't seen one of these dampers, so I don't know how deep the engraving is. If you paint over the engravings now, with white paint, and then remove the paint from the high surface, you will be left with the engravings marked again.

If there is just too much paint on the damper, you may need to start again and put less paint on, and then try the white paint trick.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
monzaz said:
If you have a advance timing light you do not need timing tape or all those marks. Snap on etc. you will keep the top dead center mark on ZERO and the gun will tell you the timing and any given RPM. ONE MARK and the timing gun does the rest. Good Luck.
so if i wanted to have say 12 degrees of base i'd set the dial at 12 and zero the tdc mark to the pointer on said timing tab? sorry if i'm not getting this

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If you want 12º, you will simply run the engine with the timing light set to 12º, and adjust the distributor until the light shows 0º on the timing tab/damper.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
That is why I opted for the SNAP ON digital timing light. :) Jim

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
monzaz said:
That is why I opted for the SNAP ON digital timing light. :) Jim
Doober said:
If you want 12º, you will simply run the engine with the timing light set to 12º, and adjust the distributor until the light shows 0º on the timing tab/damper.
sounds good guys thanks for the help :D

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
i have a snap on digital advance light and msd says dont use it. i use a cheapo atd light.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts