Unlimited Products bolt-on trunk

pml

Daily Driver
Jun 19, 2005
Cape Coral, FL
Thank you for your help, I appreciate that.

I called them yesterday about the Malibu bolt-on trunk lid. Their operation seems to be a mess. Each question I asked, the person had to put me on hold, ask someone else, then come back with the answer. The lady on the phone sounded aggravated.

The lady I spoke with at Unlimited said the tension rods must be removed. I don't like that. She also said the trunk is unfinished on the bottom side. Not liking that either.

On the positive side, she said the trunk is supposed to be water-tight.

It would be nice if there were a high quality fiberglass bolt-on trunk lid or aftermarket sheet metal trunk lid for 1978-1987 Malibu. So far I have not found either.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Unlimited Poop is a better name...

Tommy

pml

Daily Driver
Jun 19, 2005
Cape Coral, FL
Roger that.

For the past couple of weeks I have been straightening out a trunk skin for the Malibu so hopefully I can reuse it. There is rust in the fold of the trunk skin and on the frame that supports the trunk skin. I separated the trunk skin from its frame so the rust can be repaired. As far as I know, there is no replacement trunk skin or trunk lid available for a 1978 Malibu. Not even a decent fiberglass trunk. If anyone has knowledge of a replacement trunk skin, the entire trunk lid, or a quality fiberglass trunk lid, I would appreciate it if you could share that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts