vacuum hose on air cleaner housing

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
took off the air cleaner housing off on my carb'd buick 3.8L about a week ago. NOW, for the life of me, cant figure out where tha small vacuum hose goes. there's one that goes to the heat exchanger or something & that doesnt disconnect stays on the housing, so obviously its the other one. can someone point me in the right direction to where that hose goes ? there's so much stuff in the way, its hidin there somewhere..... man, i cant wait to get this thing smogged & do a motor swap.... any info will help fellas....

THANKS,
JOHN

mhamilton

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2006
North Carolina
That's the Thermac vacuum line. It should go from the vac motor on the snorkel, to a temp sensor under the air cleaner, down to a manifold vacuum port on the carb. Usually it's one of the top-most ports on the carb, either on the front or back of the air horn.

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
Mr. Hamilton, right on for the reply. i've checked all over the carb & manifold. ill triple check tonight, even started the car to maybe here a vacuum leak, but nothing. do u have a carb'd BUICK V6 car???? anyway u can pop the housing up & follow the line, & let me know exactly, like passenger front of carb or driver side rear, this is killin cause its a dam hose... or maybe even a pic... i know when i find it, its gonna one of those "OH, THERE IT IS.. STUPID"! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

JOHN

mhamilton

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2006
North Carolina
Unfortunately, I don't have the Buick 3.8, otherwise I would go take pictures for you. And for whatever reason, the Chevy service manuals don't cover the Buick emission controls.

I do have this '81 3.8L diagram, and it shows the Thermac hose going to the rear of the carb, to the right-most connector (looking from the top down). It may even be Teed in with that rear vacuum break.

813.8buick.JPG

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
Mr. Hamilton, thank u very much..... exactly what i was lookin for...

JOHN

LIL NOVE

Daily Driver
Dec 29, 2008
www.myspace.com
i knew it would something stupid. i guess the last owner may have broke the line & had a coupler, so when u look at the port something was in it, but when u follow it its open. Mr. Hamilton thank u very much again for the pic.....

JOHN

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts