What rear springs to use on a Buick Regal w/ 275/60/15's?

Stg1Regal

Weekend Racer
Mar 21, 2004
Eastern ,IN
www.cardomain.com
I am running a 275/60/15 tires on the back of my "82" Regal on stock GN wheels, sitting static and bouncing up and down the tire dont rub anything, but today with my wife in the car and a full tank of gas They do rub but I believe on the inside, over heavy bumps.

This same set up wasn my GN and never had a problem, now the rear end the rear control arms and the springs from my GN are now under my Regal.

I like the Full tire well look, in the rear , but is there a more stiffer spring that will make it stiffer in the rear?

What springs are being used for that wheel and tire combo?

Thanks ahead of time

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
What is the wheel BS and how wide is the rim? Parts stores sell rubber rear spring spacers and they give the same ride but limit the compression in your springs.Then there is a dual rate sprimg that does the same thing, but I don't recall what brand or P/N right now that was being discussed on here that was better.

Does your wife read these? Next time you might want to put with a passenger and a full tank of gas.....they tend to take things the WRONG way. :shock: :lol:

Stg1Regal

Weekend Racer
Mar 21, 2004
Eastern ,IN
www.cardomain.com
:lol:

I actually found the problem, the body seam from the rear part of the passenger side inner wheelwell had rusted and bubbled out a bit ,the lip of the inner wheel to the trunk had gotten caught on the tire tread at some point and was sticking straight out, nothing a good BFH couldn't fix and some tin snips.

Yep glad my wife dont read these ;)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!