old super stock type rear springs

longracing25

Daily Driver
Aug 10, 2015
I know everybody LOVES the low look,...but allot of us still like the raked look. I don't wanna lower my nose either. There used to be "super stock" springs made. I had a set on a 77 olds. Is there ANY company making those, i can't seem to find any. All i read anywhere is have to use cargo springs or air shocks pretty much. I want about 3-5" rear lift. I have 295/50/15's on the back and yes they fit nice and snug,...and look good,....but I want to raise it.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
You need to look at the spring specs in the back of a spring catalog (may find online, too), and use the equation for springs:
F = kx

F = the force on the spring = the weight of the car on the spring
k = the spring constant
x = the amount the spring has compressed

You can compute the F value from the catalog. The free standing height and installed height are in the catalog, so the difference is "x". The spring constant "k" is in the catalog. Calculate for F. Use the stock spring as a reference to determine F for your car.

Use that value of F to compute "x" and determine the actual installed height for other springs.

Also, make a note of the shape of the spring ends to ensure the spring you find will still fit in your car.

If you can access a used rear, you can cut off the spring seats and weld them to the existing spring seat to gain an inch or so in ride height.

By raising the rear of the car, you will increase wheel hop, so you will also likely need an additional device to raise the upper control arm mount or lower the lower control arm mount.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts