Wheel offset info needed

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
I have lurked here from time to time, but never had much to add until now. I am just now getting my new ATS front spindles installed and have run into a wheel issue. Has anyone done this conversion yet and know what the backspacing should be on the front with the conversion? I really need to get some new ones on the way for an event here in about a month so figured someone here might be able to help.
Thanks,

John N

Top Fueler
Feb 12, 2005
South Jersey
jackstandracing.com
I didn't know the ATS spindles for G bodies were out yet! You running Vette brakes and all that good stuff? I would think you could get away with 4"-4.5" backspacing as usual. ATS should be able to tell you if their spindles changed the track width.

A

Anonymous

Supercharged 86 said:
I didn't know the ATS spindles for G bodies were out yet! You running Vette brakes and all that good stuff? I would think you could get away with 4"-4.5" backspacing as usual. ATS should be able to tell you if their spindles changed the track width.

I talked with Tyler today. The spindles do not change the track width at all, however they do lower the wheels into the wheelwells some so that is the problem. The only one ATS has done is Shane's Buick and they are not sure on the back spacing on the wheels on it.

John N

Top Fueler
Feb 12, 2005
South Jersey
jackstandracing.com
It's usually the front spacing that comes into playwhen you're lowering. On my Camino I have 17x8 4"BS and I had to adjust the front lower control arms (spohn) to come in more than stock so they didn't rub. That was VERY low though and I have a 1" spacer in there now. I've seen people shove 9.5s on the front of Montes, but if you want a decent scrub radius than you'll want more BS than FS so you can only go so wide before you rub the sway bar on turns.

Scoti

Amateur Racer
Jan 15, 2005
Dallas Tx
Supercharged 86 said:
It's usually the front spacing that comes into playwhen you're lowering. On my Camino I have 17x8 4"BS and I had to adjust the front lower control arms (spohn) to come in more than stock so they didn't rub. That was VERY low though and I have a 1" spacer in there now. I've seen people shove 9.5s on the front of Montes, but if you want a decent scrub radius than you'll want more BS than FS so you can only go so wide before you rub the sway bar on turns.
The limiting factor w/the ATS spindle is the steering arms 'specific' for the G-body. Any more than 3.5" of BS & there will be interference w/the wheel/arm according to Mark/Tyler.
Supercharged 86 said:
I didn't know the ATS spindles for G bodies were out yet!
They've been out . . ..... & then sold-out already from what I heard.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts