Wheel offset.....

A

Anonymous

I want to run 15x8" Weld Draglight's in the rear of my 79 BU and am not sure of what offset I will need to order, can someone help me out. I also want to run 28x10x15 slicks if possible, I have cut and folded the inside lip of the fender wells and want to know if they will fit with no problems. If they won't, then what size do I need to run to get the most tire to the ground? The rear-end is stock size with a posi. Thank you if anyone can help....Irish

McFly

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Evansville, IN
Don't quote me, but I think a 275/60 on a 15x8 w/ 3.5" backspacing will fit nicely under there with the stock rear end.

Look in the "post your wheel & tire combo" thread. Should be some good info in there.

Scott

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Check my user name and for key word use "rally" I have pictures, I ran slot mags and they rubbed....granted they were 8.5" wide. But I had rubber (between) coil spacers and the aluminum coil spring spacers (under the coil) also.

Flat Black Wagon

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2006
Sarcoxie, MO
I used a 15x8 rim with 3.5 bs to fit a 26x11.50 Hoosier QTP. I have a 1/2 between frame and tire and no issues with the lip of the fender. Car sits at stock height.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts