Which Big Block Header Works with Mechanical Clutch Linkage?

heimedw

Feb 19, 2014
Im doing a 78 Malibu with a big block with a five speed tremec. The question I have is can your run long tube headers with a manual clutch or do you have to run a hydraulic clutch? Im in the process of doing my homework and cant find the answer to this question. I have see one car on a forum that is running a big block with a factory manual car. So it should be a manual clutch car but I see he is running manifolds. I think this is because of clearance problems with header? I hope someone can tell me for sure.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Re: Which Big Block Header Works with Mechanical Clutch Link

I know at least one member here modified his headers to work with a factory mechanical linkage, but most every off the shelf header I've seen pretty much won't work with it.

Tommy

heimedw

Feb 19, 2014

Thank for the reply Tommy. That's what I was assuming the answer was going to be. Look's like it going to be a hydraulic clutch. Another question. If I go with a hydraulic clutch that means I have to get a smaller brake booster to clear the master right?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey

Possibly. My clutch master isn't in the car yet, but I have an 8" dual diaphragm unit, so I guess that makes it irrelevant.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!