Wide Metric front ( I know, dirt track stuff...)

soultron

Jul 29, 2009
So I found out about this swap on a dirt track forum.
You use the lower A-arms (front lower control arms) from a 1st gen Camaro and switch side to make your gbody wider in front. It's a bit of a long story, but the short deal is that I'm trying to find out what ball joint to use in my "camaro" arms to use a g body spindle. I can't seem to find the info like I could before, so I thought I ask here and see if anyone knew. I know it's wonky and oddball, but I working with stuff I have lying around, just trying to get some ideas. Thanks for any leads. :lol:

Do a search for "Lefthander Chassis'. If they don't have it, no one will. :lol:

Keep me updated also since I have A-F-Gbody arms laying around.

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I have done what You are trying to do. I just ream the spindles out for big ball joints I also use Pinto/Mustang spindles. If You use Nova/Camaro lowers You will have to change upper A arms to. This will make Your front end wider but will also move the front wheels foward about 1" I think and it will be 5/8 wider.

soultron

Jul 29, 2009
If you don't use tubular, what uppers do you use?
and thanks for the reamer idea.

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I don't know of any stock style upper A arm that works with the Nova/Camaro lower. I have always ran the tubular ones You might find something that will work or You could move the top A arm mount.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts