Wrecked LS1 T56 Z28 - what do you think? Look..!

Got Torque

Top Fueler
Oct 29, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
mean78malibu said:
I like how the tach is pegged in the one picture, what caused that?

I just saw that too and it would at least make me wonder if it sat on the revlimiter until it died when they smashed it. I would definetely demand a startup before any purchase.

A

Anonymous

2700 is a fair price, but make sure to get some kind of warranty so that once you install the motor and hear it run that you still want it, because if the motor is dead then your out moola. but definitely i would take the seats for sure, rearend, motor, transmission, i even used the ls1 dash in my 86 trans am.

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Late reply, but I wouldn't pay that much for the car without knowing that the motor and transmission are still working. It's a lot of coin to gamble with when it looks like the engine took a direct hit. If you're lucky, you might only have a nightmare of broken bolts on the motor/transmission/accessory mounts or exhaust manifolds to try and drill and tap. I think the car will sit until the seller drops the price to ~$1500 or takes steps to prove that the powertrain is still working. He could take a reciprocating saw to the front, hook up a temp radiator + battery and get that thing started if he wanted to.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Realistically he wouldn't even need the radiator/accessories if it's only going to run for a couple minutes, just make sure there is oil and enough juice to run the computer.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts