Unmatched seat belt

El Rod

Dec 10, 2021
Clinton Ok
This may sound weird but I was looking at the seatbelts and noticed the center one was a different color. After taking it apart it appears to have came from the factory that way. One is maroon and the other is blue. This is equipped for a third passenger. Just wondering if this is a factory flaw, like the worker was out of the maroon seat belt, so he/ she just grabbed the blue one to keep the line moving. Has anyone noticed anything like this on their ride?
When I took this apart, the two seat belts are fastened with a bushing for the floor bolt to go through. I can’t imagine any other scenario.

ElCaminoBill

Pro Stocker
Feb 8, 2004
South Carolina
This may sound weird but I was looking at the seatbelts and noticed the center one was a different color. After taking it apart it appears to have came from the factory that way. One is maroon and the other is blue. This is equipped for a third passenger. Just wondering if this is a factory flaw, like the worker was out of the maroon seat belt, so he/ she just grabbed the blue one to keep the line moving. Has anyone noticed anything like this on their ride?
When I took this apart, the two seat belts are fastened with a bushing for the floor bolt to go through. I can’t imagine any other scenario.
Was it incased in plastic?

I may have a few maroon belts left, if you need one.

ElCaminoBill

Pro Stocker
Feb 8, 2004
South Carolina
Yes, it looks as if it came out of the factory that way. Just asking if anyone has ever seen anything like this.
Reason I asked is that I have seen some that were incased in plastic, such as bucket seat belts where the belts inside were not a matching color.

El Rod

Dec 10, 2021
Clinton Ok
Reason I asked is that I have seen some that were incased in plastic, such as bucket seat belts where the belts inside were not a matching color.
Ok. This is only noticeable because the plastic is rough around the top. Thanks, that is what I was asking. I thought it might be typical.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!