11" rotor...

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
what donor car has an 11 inch rotor that will bolt up to our metric cars? thanks for any and all help...wannabe

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Last edited by a moderator:

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
I am looking at the wilwood calipers, p/n 120-8924 and 120-8926, which claim to be a direct replacement for the metric cars but also state that they use an 11" min rotor. I have contacted wilwood but they have not gotten back to me so I was wondering if an "F" body might have an 11" rotor that would bolt up to the spindles on our cars, the metrics. or for that matter, any other body style. but I suppose if you change rotor size you would have to change the spindle as well, is there no end to the madness. I have studied the S10 upgrade but ran into some bad press on them as well as the good. anyway if I have to, I guess I will talk with wilwood to see if they have a rotor for my upgrade. just wanting to save a little cash if possible. thanks for the help though...wannabe

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Herm... I looked up an '81 Malibu rotor on Autozone and it came out 266.7mm, which equals 10.5".

I also pulled up the rotor on RockAuto for an '87 Camaro, and it shows the same size... also lists the S10/G-Body as a direct fit, so they're probably the same. I believe the 1LE rotors will be too big, at least from the measurements here:

Last edited by a moderator:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
1LE rotors are 12". B-bodies have both 11" and 12" rotors. The 12" B-body rotors interchange with 1LE rotors, only the bolt pattern is different. If a 1LE rotor fits on a G-body spindle, it would make sense that an 11" B-body rotor may fit, but then the bolt pattern is wrong.

I'm not sure if any OEM 11" rotors are a direct swap for the G-body 10.52" rotors...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts