12" REAR END SWAP

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
Not saying it can't be done, but it will be very dificult to adapt a truck rear, without the upper ears, to a Malibu or any G body car. You may be able to make some kind of bolt on fixture to take the place of the "ears".

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
i wouldn't attempt to put a truck 12 bolt into a malibu unless you are changing the whole suspension to ladder bars or something that doesn't require the upper control arm ears on the center section. Since the center of a truck 12 bolt is cast iron you shouldn't weld on it. You should find a ford 9" , GM car factory 4-link 12 bolt or a GM g-body 8.5 ten bolt. BTW you can make your own jig using your factory 7.5 to build from.

I install upper ears on ford 9" diffs using a homemade jig pictured

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 929

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
thanks man,the think its a while ago when i first looked at this site in the rear end swap section,the guy who explained has a pics from the jig fixture that he made to fit this rear end in to a g body,but the pics are not longer in the site,and i need it.
thanks again

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
sorry to keep bother you guys but something i didn`t say,the rear end i want to swap into the g body its 12" from truck,and the adapters or relocator brackets are for 12" car into a g body,thats way am still looking for the instructions of how to build my own jig fixture to swap this rear end(truck) not the one from a car.can somebody get me pics to how to do it,it used to be in the site but i cannot find it.
thanks a lot

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts