1998-02 S10 rear disk

gotcha79

Amateur Racer
Oct 17, 2009
Harvey,IL
hello guys i was wondering if you can put on the rear disk brakes from a 98+ S10 blazer on a gbody rear without major mods if so explain how you did it my boys at work want to do up his car with them

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
iirc the calipers mount on the front side...which is a no-no on a g-body because of frame interference, so if you swap sides the e-brake stuff will be facing the back of the vehicle instead of the front...better off to do the f-body rear discs and swap sides since the e-brake stuff pulls to the rear on the f-body, after you swap sides they pull to the front just like a g-body and it's do-able

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Since s-10 rear discs bolt up the same as Ls1 you need to modify the axle flange like this. http://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc 2wd s-10's mount the caliper on the rear of the axle while the 4wd mounts the calipers on the front. To do this swap 2wd rotors (4wd rotors are too deep) are needed and can be used with 4wd mounting plates.

gotcha79

Amateur Racer
Oct 17, 2009
Harvey,IL
So beside the modifying of the axle flange on my 7.5 all I would need from a 4wd 98+ blazer is the rear brackets,hose and calipers and use 2wd rotors for this swap

This is gonna be good since I already have 98+ front dual piston calipers on my monte

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Gotcha thats sounds about right. My rear disc swap involved the wider a-body rear and which the s-10 brakes are basicly a direct bolton. Ok so I had done some measurements and the caliper to frame on my car is 1.5in. Well the a-body rear is 1.5in wider a side so with the with the stock axle the caliper to frame maybe zero. Depending on the rear ride height there maybe some interference.

13812270046_large.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts