2004 Cadillac transmission cooler thermostat placement?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
No I'm not running a temperature gauge on the transmission. I was told the thermostat would get the transmission fluid to a temperature, that is better for it in cool weather. I forgot to mention that I tried draining the transmission fluid at new thermostat. I disconnected 1 hose off of the thermostat, thinking the thermostat would be closed, because the oil wouldn't be warm. But I was wrong, oil came out of the thermostat as well as the hose from the transmission cooler. I had a mess to clean up. So apparently it didn't work like I thought it would.

Last edited:

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
No I'm not running a temperature gauge on the transmission. I was told the thermostat would get the transmission fluid to a temperature, that is better for it in cool weather. I forgot to mention that I tried draining the transmission fluid at new thermostat. I disconnected 1 hose off of the thermostat, thinking the thermostat would be closed, because the oil wouldn't be warm. But I was wrong, oil came out of the thermostat as well as the hose from the transmission cooler. I had a mess to clean up. So apparently it didn't work like I thought it would.
stuff like that/trial and error is all part of hot rodding.we've all been there.don't know unless you tried right..

Reactions: 78elk

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
Correct. That's how I have learned on this Elk. I fixed mistakes made by people I hired. This was supposed to happen so I could learn to fix it and make it better. Thank you much for your comments and help.

Reactions: melloelky

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!