400 turbo dipstick

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I want to use a locking dipstick on my TH400. Im looking at the one from Hughes. Are there any clearance issues with a 400 in a Malibu ? I see a lot of Malibus with the flex dipsticks from Lokar. The car was set up with a TH350 when I bought it. Its still going to be a small block. Hate to spend the money and find out the thing wont fit !

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
i couldnt get the stock stamped steel style to fit with a th400 and bbc. that and if there is any bind on it at all youll have a leak. I got the lokar and its got rubber O-Rings that keep it from blowing out. i will never go with the stamped steel stuff again.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thanks for the quick reply but what didnt fit ? Was it a matter of the tube end not fitting into the transmission or was it the tube not fitting right down to the transmission because of bends or the space to the firewall ? And would there be a difference since I have a small block ?

BillySS

Frequent Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Matawan,NJ
I have the Hughes locking unit and when in without a hitch. Was worth the time to put it in. Just a pain to tighten the trans-engine bolt after it's in.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts