4speed swap with a 454

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
abigda said:
You need a g body fork, which is shaped differently, a g body bellhousing, different pivot ball location, then a pedal setup with linkage and z bar. They sell the pedals and linkage repop. online. I only asked BC running the z bar with full length headers is a #####. You can even use your current crossmember and transmission mount. The swap your attempting is identicle to mine, just that I had no choice but to convert to hydraulic after months of trying to get the linkage to work

What pedal, master, slave cylinders did you use?

What bell housing or scatter shield did you use?

Just wondering?

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
I had to do mine the hard way and thank god my dad was a welder. I bought a Lakewood Scattershield, and my dad moved the fork slot AND the pivot ball location to match the factory bellhousing.

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Bar50 said:
abigda said:
You need a g body fork, which is shaped differently, a g body bellhousing, different pivot ball location, then a pedal setup with linkage and z bar. They sell the pedals and linkage repop. online. I only asked BC running the z bar with full length headers is a #####. You can even use your current crossmember and transmission mount. The swap your attempting is identicle to mine, just that I had no choice but to convert to hydraulic after months of trying to get the linkage to work

What pedal, master, slave cylinders did you use?

What bell housing or scatter shield did you use?

Just wondering?

I'm running a regualr original g body pedal, with a 3rd Gen camaro style master, hooked up to a Quartermaster hydraulic throw out bearing.... bellhousing is a G body bellhousing BC I have originally intended to use the standard linkage

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts