? +60 400 sbc

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
You may have to grind the block for clearance and You will need a small base circle cam.

jitteryguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2009
Afganistan
the block he has ,has been check'd and every thing is good with it, the guy he got from had it done then decided to go big block . we know 60 over is push'n it but the price was right and he is gonna run in an S10 on 1/8 mile . I think if we can keep it cool we will be ok .( I hope)
we just dont know does he need 6" or 5.7" rod's ??

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
Do You have the pistons already? Don't worry about all the myths of a 400 running hot I have ran 400s for more than 15 years. If they don't run hot in a dirt car on gas they shouldn't run hot in anything. You may have to buy a good radiator and fan.

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
In a 400 I wouldn't run anything longer than 5.7" rods. The wrist pin gets up into the oil control ring land area if you use anything longer than 5.7s. I'm not a big fan of that kind of stuff.

PRO 48 Fleetline

Amateur Racer
Oct 16, 2007
6" rods are the ticket no worries there, they will give you that added leverage and better quench at tdc plus take the stress off the side of those big cylinders and make some great power. Plus depending on piston you will not have any problem with the oil rings with the raised pin height buy good stuff and do your homework you can have one hell of a running car with a nice lil 406.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
When i ordered my rotating assembly from Callies i asked about 5.7 rods. They said no way a 6.0 rod is the way to go for taking the stress off the crank and better performance from the motor. I think they know what they are talking about so i have 6" H-beam rods in my 406.

jitteryguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2009
Afganistan
406Monte said:
When i ordered my rotating assembly from Callies i asked about 5.7 rods. They said no way a 6.0 rod is the way to go for taking the stress off the crank and better performance from the motor. I think they know what they are talking about so i have 6" H-beam rods in my 406.

how is that work'n for you ? have you got to run it much ? Tony has some time befor he buy's piston and rod's , we found a deal on some heads so thats next on his list .

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I have ran a set of 6" rods for 7 years in My dirt car. Think about it the Nascar guys have a ton of money and the run 6" or longer rods.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts