8.8 FORD g-body custom rear end housing and axle package

Status
Not open for further replies.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Ok, Now we are getting some where.... U-joint is a good question. I will definitely check into that area.

Ok so you have a 1000.00 for parts but no assembley.

we have a 300.00

we have a 400.00

problem with your bearing price is the axle bearing would be missing extra 20-30 for those.

Do you think the GM bolt pattern is better than dealing with the ford? etc.

I personally think I would pay extra just to have the brakes and the rims all fit and have the exact width of the origianl s-10 rear.

Does any one know if the drum brakes from the Ford are the same diameter as the s-10 and the same width?

1000.00 is gonna be a pretty close deal.... I am sure I can do it with a mini spool. And maybe with a used yard posi. So that is a mark to try for. BUT we still have shipping BUT I can do shipping fairly reasonable..90-150 west cost could be more on a full assembled rear.

What gear ratios would be the most popular do you think?

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
I guess driveshaft is the same length and the u joint is easy, my brother put a 8.8 in his s-10 and just needed one of the ford-chevy adaptor u-joints. Ford uses a 1330 and/or 1310 u-joint and the conversion to stock GM 3r is a common yoke you can get at Napa.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
THere you go. Jim

Now are you using the constant velocity connection flange or the standard y- type yoke

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Yep for the ford 8.8 it is. GM has them also for the full size cars. Jim

holtjohn

Frequent Racer
Oct 15, 2008
forget the mustang 8.8, I just put a explorer read end in my RX7 drag car. This thing are beefy. First off the tubes are 3.25 thick, 31 spline axles and easy to find. They come in 3.27, 3.55, 3.73 or 4.10 gears and more than half are limited slip, and it takes about 5 seconds to figure out what gears or if it is posi by reading the rear tag. The only issue is they are offset pinion, some thing like 2 1/16th inch, so I had mine cut down so i could use two of the short axles and it came out 57 inche from mounting flange to mounting flange. It cost a total of 350 bucks to put it under my rx7, and thats with posi, 3.73, disc brakes and being narrowed and adjustable upper links.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
holtjohn said:
forget the mustang 8.8, I just put a explorer read end in my RX7 drag car. This thing are beefy. First off the tubes are 3.25 thick, 31 spline axles and easy to find. They come in 3.27, 3.55, 3.73 or 4.10 gears and more than half are limited slip, and it takes about 5 seconds to figure out what gears or if it is posi by reading the rear tag. The only issue is they are offset pinion, some thing like 2 1/16th inch, so I had mine cut down so i could use two of the short axles and it came out 57 inche from mounting flange to mounting flange. It cost a total of 350 bucks to put it under my rx7, and thats with posi, 3.73, disc brakes and being narrowed and adjustable upper links.
how would you mount the upper arms to the housing on a gbody? they need to be on the center,like a mustang

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Yes please do tell? #-o

we use the LTD rears...

holtjohn

Frequent Racer
Oct 15, 2008
that is why I would buy your housing if you could make it the right length. I would use the intrenals out of the explorer 8.8. #-o

A

Anonymous

So what did you end up with is it 300 or 400 for the housing and is it
cut down for the use of two short side axles or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts