86 monte carlo vs 80 malibu

806spd

Daily Driver
Oct 12, 2010
York, PA
Why are Malibu lighter than montes. They are all the same car? I think the Malibu is more aerodynamic because of the sloped rear window.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
i dont think they are as much lighter as people say. they are a little bit shorter than the monte but thats it. I have mine down to 2970 W/O driver and it still has full interior.

aerodynamics, heres a thought, the back window on a monte isnt as slanted as a bu...okay...ever ride in the back of a pickup? notice all the stuff floating around in the bed gets pushed up to the cab? thats because of the low pressure area created by the air passing over the roof, the same concept the brought us the cowl induction hood. so with that the monte will enjoy an advantage over the bu because of the extra aerodynamic push that it will recieve at high speed thus making the monte faster.....or I could be full of sh*t, the monte has better body lines....lol

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Although your personal taste is first and foremost, for drag racing the earlier cars are lighter as they were designed during the gas crisis of the mid 70's. As the "crisis" faded, cars got heavier and heavier due to loading up with options and less concern with mileage.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts