A/C Bracket for LS engine - Rotating truck water pump elbow.

Fasteddy51

Dec 5, 2011
This was done a few years ago, and was wondering if anyone else has done this. I am trying to do this mod, and am having a hard time rotating the elbow. I tried heating the base of the elbow where it enters the water pump, but couldn't get it to move. Anyone have any tips, or just how much do you heat the aluminum?

Attachments

• AC Bracket3.jpg
    AC Bracket3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,939
  • AC Bracket1.jpg
    AC Bracket1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,927

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Re: A/C Bracket for LS engine - Rotating truck water pump el

It's been a while like you said. I only used a small propane torch, so I didn't SUPER heat it, just went around the base for a couple minutes. I tied to make sure I was heating the aluminum and not the steel elbow. It was a little stiff, but I used a long piece of pipe (hydraulic jack handle) for better leverage. I was really worried about damaging it but it worked out fine for me.

Fasteddy51

Dec 5, 2011

Thanks for the reassurance! I just did get it heated and it moved for me. I at first didn't have it clamped well, so that was one problem, and the other was that I just tried to concentrate the heat on the aluminum, and it worked well. Thanks again for the tip.

One other question, I am running a 5.3 carbed engine in a 1955 Chevy pickup, and planning on using the Vintage Air system in the cab. I am assuming that you can use the F Body compressor with the Vintage Air setup?

I haven't had a chance to see if there are any other threads on the air conditioning setup you designed, but I like using the factory brackets and parts when I can. Thanks again for your help.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

I would contact Vintage air to ask about the F-body compressor. I believe the OEM A/C compressor is computer controlled, but that may not be an issue. Look here for nice bracket systems for a reasonable price: http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html. I believe they use the Sanden compressor (which is what Vintage Air normally uses). PM me if you have any other questions, you'll get a faster response.

redneckerson

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2007
Kansas City Area

MalibuRacing said:
I would contact Vintage air to ask about the F-body compressor. I believe the OEM A/C compressor is computer controlled, but that may not be an issue. Look here for nice bracket systems for a reasonable price: http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html. I believe they use the Sanden compressor (which is what Vintage Air normally uses). PM me if you have any other questions, you'll get a faster response.

Just finished an LSX install, used the Kwik A/C bracket with the Vintage Air compressor, mounted right up to the brackets with no issues.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts