any opinion's ?

44-bu

Amateur Racer
Jun 26, 2011
Harbor Beach, MI
need new body bushings. am leaning to poly, anybody have likes dis-likes with them?. also, have heard poly squeaks. does that mean all brands or just certain ones?. does the poly grease they recommend to use help with squeaks or not. all input is appreciated.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
well,i too had to make this decision for my street car and from what i understand the poly gives a better ride than the aluminum version.it might depend on what your plans are for the car too.i'm told that the poly squeaks when used in suspension apps but i wanted a nice ride,not a stiff like i thought the aluminum seems to offer.i'm sure someone running the aluminum ones will speak up with their experiences.

44-bu

Amateur Racer
Jun 26, 2011
Harbor Beach, MI
I am looking to go street car/driver, not racing. i know that the original rubber type can't be to good because i've stripped a G-body to the frame and they were all smashed down. so, do you like the poly bushings or are they squeaky like they say??

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
44-bu said:
I am looking to go street car/driver, not racing. i know that the original rubber type can't be to good because i've stripped a G-body to the frame and they were all smashed down. so, do you like the poly bushings or are they squeaky like they say??
i've had some squeaks on the front end from the poly but not from the body from what i can tell.i think poly body bushings are a good alternative to the solid ones.i'm willing to bet that alot of people run the solid ones on the street with no problems at all.i've never used them before so i can't say what is rite for one or the other but it SOUNDS like they would offer a stiffer ride.to each their own i guess. :D

Spaceboy1980

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2008
Lewisburg TN
What do you do about core support bushings? The poly kits don't come with those and I'd hate to raise the body with the new bushings and the front of the car still be sagged from worn rubber bushings.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i picked up a set from the elcamino store.mikes montes has them also.my poly kit did come with a set of them but they were to short for some odd reason

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts