slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
i have the same issue......

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I had the same problem with mine. Tried the RTV, etc. After talking with several local guys, I got rubber seals that press into the axle tube. Problem solved.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
Phillip do you have a part number for those seals? And do they go by the carrier or at the end of the tube. I've changed the bearing twice and I'm still getting fluid out of the pass side.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I'll see if I can dig up the information. It's been several years ago. The ones I used pressed into the outside ends of the axle tube right behind bearing. I had to get the right seal diameter for my 31 spline axles.

I'll see if I can find more information on the onese I used. From what I remember it basically looked similar to a crankshaft seal used in SBC/BBC timing covers, but fit inside the axle tube.... Like I said it's been several years, so I'm going by memory (or lack of).

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I found a Timken part number, but I cannot say for sure it is the "correct" one. From what I remember I went to the part store and got a seal for an, oh, 1982 Ford F150 with 31 spline axles. That should get the correct seal for you, from what I remember, anyways....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts