? balancing question ?

HWKmalibu

Frequent Racer
Mar 21, 2006
ohio
knights-rule.com
I have pro star 15 x 8 with 4.5 bs on my rearend. Out of the blue one or both of them, have become out of balance. You can feel it vibrate pretty bad over 50 mph. The weights are still on each rim from when they were balanced last time. I borrowed a my friends rear tire/rim combo and the shake dissapears. I know the answer is , go get them balanced again, BUT has anyone had this happen ? Anyone know what would cause these style rims to get weird like this ? I dont see any cracks on them either.

HWKmalibu

Frequent Racer
Mar 21, 2006
ohio
knights-rule.com
I knew I'd forget something in my question, no tubes used on them, thanks though :roll:

vtakiaman

Daily Driver
Feb 19, 2007
Ventura, Ca.
out of balance

Do you do burn outs? :x :x If so the tires have rotated on the rims causing the balance to be off.

HWKmalibu

Frequent Racer
Mar 21, 2006
ohio
knights-rule.com
They are slicks, and they are screwed to the rims. The only thing though, is I cant remember if I got them balanaced before or after. But that was last year, and they've been fine up till about 3 weeks ago.

vtakiaman

Daily Driver
Feb 19, 2007
Ventura, Ca.
Balance

The other possibioity is that the rubber is clumping when you do burnouts :x :x and is transfering rubber to different parts of the tires causing the balance to go out

HWKmalibu

Frequent Racer
Mar 21, 2006
ohio
knights-rule.com
Bought new slicks today, got them mounted and balanced. Problem solved 100% ! Must have been something with the way the tires wore down. I've gone through 3 sets prior to this and this was the first time I encountered such an ordeal.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts