BBC power steering pump brackets

thumper

Weekend Racer
Jul 11, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I just dropped a 454 in my 87 monte carlo and am trying to get the 87 power steering pump on the engine, my question I have found 2 late 70's big block trucks with all the pulleys and brackets will the late 70's p.s. bracket match with fine with the 87 style pump? I know they changed the lines a little but not sure about mounting points? Also can I resuse the pulley I take off the older power on the new style? I believe they both are a press on style

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cheapest way is to cut the high pressure metal line and use a compression fitting to hook up the new pumps high pressure line.

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cheapest way is to cut the high pressure metal line and use a compression fitting to hook up the new pumps high pressure line.

thumper

Weekend Racer
Jul 11, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I got it all swapped around. Used the small block pump on the big block brackets and had to swap the stud in the pump from the back top corner to the lower corner and swapped out pulleys. Looks like everything lines up. Now my electric fan is too thick so I am back to tracking a thinner one down thinking intrepid fan or just order a thinner one.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!