BBC questions, expectations?

A

Anonymous

I am curious if any of you who are familiar with BBC in these malibus, could tell me what to expect as far as performance? Car has a 3.73 posi, aftermarket UCA's and LCA's, cheapo 50/50's and trick springs. Will have trick springs up front, soon as I can figure out which ones I need to order.
Motor is a peanut port head 8:1 long block,.500 lift comp cam, performer intake and super comp headers. Have a built th350 and 2400 hughes converter also.
Just wondering what I could expect hp and 1/4 mile wise? :shock: :lol:

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I would look at a head swap the heads You have will kill power.

A

Anonymous

Ya, i am aware of the PP head limitations. But, considering the CR, the fact that i wont be spinning it over 6k and my main goal of alot of torque under that rpm they'll be fine for the application.
My original question was to just see if anyone had done anything similiar and what i can expect the car to do with the bbc.
Thanks for your input.

kziggy1519

Daily Driver
Apr 18, 2009
you can expect it to eat alot of tires

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
More cam info would be helpful. It sounds like you may not be able to max out the gains from that cam with the Peanut Ports. It has the potential to make a lot of low end if thje cam duration isn't too nuts, though.

Tommy

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The peanut ports are good for more of torque motor, so less topend RPM. Build according, like a little less cam, or more to say, all in by 5000 RPM. Run a little less gear, like a 3.23 or 3.42.

The mountain of torque the motor will make (uh, thats why they came of on truck and dually motors) will offset the need for machanical advantage like a gear.

I seen some tests Lingenfelter did, mage uf to like 550hp with the peanut ports, seems like Edelbrock even makes and intake for them.

Run what you got, look for some L29(I think, Vortec Truck mid 90's) have smaller combustion chamber and decent oval ports, or some 049 or 781 oval port open chamber heads, add some 2.19/1.88 valves and have them angle milled, or find some earlier closed chamber oval ports like a 215 or 390(I think) with the 100cc chamber to use with the flat top pistons in your motor and make 9.2-9.5 compression ratio then stab in a 270-290 cam...welcome to big blocks!

A

Anonymous

any big block is gonna eat tires in these cars. i got a 850HP BBC in my 86 monte and there is NO chance of traction on the street 120km/hour and under......

Regulator

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2008
im looking to do a simular build. what would be a batter carb choice, a 750 edelbrock performer or the 650 edelbrock avs carb? also will those stock springs handle the lift of that cam? dont mean to hijack this thread, and thanks for any input.

A

Anonymous

i wouldnt put anything less then a 750cfm on a 454. 650 seems too small to me to feed fuel to a monster like a built big block

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts