BEST BOLT IN 9IN REAREND???

COPO 572

Dragway Regular
Mar 23, 2004
Morrisville, NC 27560
Complete Strange unit with the big Ford ends and brakes. Detroit Locker and 35 spline axles. I like it, but don't have anything to compare it to except the 7.5 that use to rest in it's place. Compared to that.........very burly.

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
LS6 Tommy said:
Robert1320 said:
You'll need adjustable uppers if you go with the 9".

??? Mine was a direct bolt-in with stock suspension.

Tommy

X2, same here Tommy

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
Currie has a decent rear end as well..........These are all aftermarket rear ends. There is no "True" bolt in 9" rear out there for our cars...Why not keep your GM car all GM and grab a 12 bolt rear from a '66-'72 A body Chevy car.That's the closest to a ""true" bolt in out there.BTW, I'd put a 12 bolt up against a 9" any day :D

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
JBreu said:
Currie has a decent rear end as well..........These are all aftermarket rear ends. There is no "True" bolt in 9" rear out there for our cars...Why not keep your GM car all GM and grab a 12 bolt rear from a '66-'72 A body Chevy car.That's the closest to a ""true" bolt in out there.BTW, I'd put a 12 bolt up against a 9" any day :D

I was going to do the same, until I figured out it required buying new rims with more backspacing. This was about 6 months after I had bought new torque thrust 2's

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
abigda[/quote said:
I was going to do the same, until I figured out it required buying new rims with more backspacing. This was about 6 months after I had bought new torque thrust 2's

Yes, If you already have Rims it makes a difference.
Rear Widths:
G-body= 58"
65-67 A-body= 60.50"
68-72 A-body= 62.50"

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
And the 9 is a poor mans quick change.

cbh-7726-80

Amateur Racer
Nov 4, 2010
maple ridge,b.c.
i have alston fabricated housing and trailing arms,strange centre and axles,full 3 inch tail pipe exhaust,all fits together nicely,ford 11 inch rear brakes with welds and m.thompsons,fits tight but all clears,

big gear head

Daily Driver
Nov 3, 2010
Central City, KY
Moser makes a bolt in 9 inch and a bolt in 12 bolt for the G body. I like the Moser housing ends better than Strange and some of the others. The Moser ends will allow you to use a stock Ford axle seal, where many of the others rely on that O ring on the outside of the bearing to keep the oil in.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Moser makes a bolt in 9 inch and a bolt in 12 bolt for the G body

The 12 bolt in not in production or has not been in the last two years when I called to buy one. Maybe now, but, I doubt it, same with the Dana 60 to fit a G-body. Oh, and they were only about $1200 for the housing.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Winters-Grand-National-Rear-End-GM-Metric-Brackets,4856.html
Winters floater Grand National style rear end features lite weight steel hubs with brake rotor mounts. Rear end comes complete with a new housing, two hubs, two brake rotors, two solid 31 spline axles, two drive flanges, ten lug nuts, rotor and drive flange bolts along with all the needed bearings and seals.

Now available in either a 5 x 5" or 5 x 4-3/4" bolt pattern and three different widths:

•58" centered
•60" centered
•62" with a 1/2" offset.

All that ^^^^ for $995.99

Know of 6 people that are using them without any trouble, and most of them have had them for 3+ years now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts