best way to paint my roll cage in elcamino

Chief11885

Amateur Racer
Jun 17, 2006
Kansas
I am having a 6point cage in my elcamino and i am wanting to know what is the best way to paint it. Some guys are saying rustoleum hammer tone and some guys are say VHT cage epoxy spray paint. But i just don't know what is going to give me the best coverage and protection beings that the cage will already be in the car. Any advise as well as pictures that would be great thanks.

Jaypaso

Amateur Racer
Jan 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
look for (slimbo5) his cage is the same color as the car so he may have some pointers

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL
Rustoleum hammered paint is definitely the easiest to apply, touch up, and maintain. Just brush it on. Looks like powdercoating.

100_0992.jpg

100_0989.jpg

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
rustoleum definitly has thre best coverage....plus touch up is easy.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Rustoleum Hammered finish paint all the way!!! Just make sure you get the brush on type in the quarts like mentioned by others. I read different posts here and on other forums raving about the stuff! I have used the spray on rattle can version many times but there is no comparison I can now tell you. I finally stripped down my rear axle housing last night and painted it with the brush on stuff and wow I got excellent results. As soon as my car comes back from the chassis shop the new cage is getting done the same way.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!