big block

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
My old 781's were 124cc with 2.19/1.88 valves (poured them myself as I do all my heads).

I've NEVER seen proof of 113cc 781's.

I had to have mine milled a bunch to get them down to 116cc.

Jayz81ss

Amateur Racer
Jan 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
10secBu said:
My old 781's were 124cc with 2.19/1.88 valves (poured them myself as I do all my heads).

I've NEVER seen proof of 113cc 781's.

I had to have mine milled a bunch to get them down to 116cc.

I never check my 781's . I was passing along some info from the Chevrolet Big Block
Interchange Manual.

I did do my 840's though and they are 106cc.

DanielM

Frequent Racer
Aug 29, 2008
Racine, WI
The 206's are about 96/97 CC's :)
Dan

84355SS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
southwestern michigan
Thanks for all the reply. I appreciate it. I got screwed over the deal I had. First I bought the 496 stroker kit. The guy made me a deal with 454 .060 over with machined work on and 781 oval-port head. I told him that I would come back and he said that it is mine. That was last Sat. I called him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday just to let him know that I am not backing down the deal. Saturday I drove 35 miles and no one home. I left voice mail. He called me back and said he was sorry that his wife sold the 454 and 781 to someone else. My confident went down and now I am back on square one looking for the block again. And I feel that I bought the 496 stroker kit for no reason. Does this happened to you? :evil:

A

Anonymous

Ya sh*t like that happens alot. He obviously was a shadester and sold it out from under you.
I am in the process of doing a BBC swap in my 78 2-door, and I am doing it on the cheap cheap. So I know first hand about having people flake out on deals. Luckily, the last couple Ive made have been profitable for me and so far I have my performer intake, PP head bbc and super comp swap headers for free. I am hoping that my crap 8:1 CR and a .500 lift cam I can get the turd into the mid 13's. Which I'd be happy with, as it's my year round ugly rusty beater that I take to work every day. :D

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
WFO5oh said:
Ya #### like that happens alot. He obviously was a shadester and sold it out from under you.
I am in the process of doing a BBC swap in my 78 2-door, and I am doing it on the cheap cheap. So I know first hand about having people flake out on deals. Luckily, the last couple Ive made have been profitable for me and so far I have my performer intake, PP head bbc and super comp swap headers for free. I am hoping that my crap 8:1 CR and a .500 lift cam I can get the turd into the mid 13's. Which I'd be happy with, as it's my year round ugly rusty beater that I take to work every day. :D

You'll be able to swing 13's with almost any decent gear.

All is not lost on the big block stuff, its out there.
049 & 781 heads came on almost every 454 out there, pick ups, duallys, impalas, buses. I got a set of 781's (mine are average 120cc chamber, with 2.06 1.72 valves)I was looking at angle milling them to be able you use a flat top 454 and make 9.1 or so compression, streetable and no exotic(read dome) pistons. I have a bare set of miss matched closed chamber oval ports with 100.6 cc chambers, seems like they are #215(well, one is). Or, if I have a bottom end failure, I look for another 454. But, now I am thinking about some of the aftermarket aluminum heads for about the same money as buying big valves, have my head cut for the valves, guides if they need them and of course angle milling them. I was phone in hand to order a 496 kit, but, I backed off, I think I am going for some Patriots or Pro-topline heads, angle milled, and well, decent compression/pump gas/fast driver?
Anyone else?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts